Saturday, April 13, 2013

Got Time for a Quickie? This one's special! Hazzee Dazzee - A Tribute Franken

Hey peeps! Got time for a quickie? I've only got one polish featured in this post. Since my no-buy I've been experimenting with frankens to keep me occupied. I usually spend all of my money, plus quite a bit of the hubub's money on polish and makeup. Sorry for the TMI, and don't freak out on me I haven't had a drop in over a year. Anyhooser, the constant back and fourth trips we've been making to Texas have really cut in to our budget lately. So, all that mess being said- I'm super lucky to have a friend like Sara from Pinkey Nails. She not only sends me awesome polish, she totally saved my ass by sending me some glitter! I'm not going through all this junk again, so if you didn't read my last post I'll just tell ya it's been pretty sad for me the past few months because my dad died. I plan to have a photo tattoo as a tribute to him. Here's the photo I want to use...
 I know some awesome tattoo artists and I'm fairly certain as to who I want inking me, well I've got it narrowed down to 3. Since this is special and GOOD realism artists are hard to find I'm not going to trust that job to just anyone, so I may shop around a bit more before I decide. I have a general idea of how I want this to look, the right artist just needs to tweek my idears for me so it'll be a while before they materialize. In the meantime, a tribute franken seemed like a good idea. I actually got the idea from one of my favorite polish makers ever. Thank you Samantha from AGO  and Lacey from MBHM, I totally got the idea from you chicks and that sweet Mt Dew tribute polish! Not even sayin' my stuff compares to AGO, but it was fun to play around with. Check out my madness...
I named it Hazzee Dazzee! It's not for everybody, like I said  my dad was the inspiration behind it. I intended for it to be masculine-looking, for lack of a better term. I mixed up a grey crelly base and added a crap load of holo and slightly less slate colored micro glitter. Then I threw in some big ol' black matte squares, just a few but I really like 'em so I could not resist putting a square on each nail. I mixed in a healthy dose of smaller blue matte squares and some white matte diamonds too. That there swatch is 3 coats Hazzee Dazzee. Since the black squares are so big I used 2 good coats of OTD for a smooth finish. Just cause I can't stand it if my nails aren't perfectly smooth to the touch. I'm a picker, as gross as that sounds. If there's even the slightest flat spot or bit of glitter sticking up I pick at it obsessively like a fiend. For a better idea of how this was inspired, here it is...
 He had to take a break to go fishing with my brother last summer :) Those fish were heavy, he's having hell holding them lmao! So now that you've seen what my dad looked like the last time I saw him do you see why I chose the look and colors I did for Hazzee Dazzee? And speaking of it,  how's about a shot in natural light? Feast your eyeballs on it yo...
I used the dab method on the glitters and I just now noticed I did not put a white diamond on each finger, that irritates me. Grrr OCD. Anywho, I managed to catch the best macro shot of my life so you know I must rape your eyes with it. Looky looky...
Now I'm gonna show you a slightly blurred shot that picks up the holo a bit better. This polish is actually pretty in person. It's brighter and more sparkly than my photos suggest. Then again, I made it so maybe I'm biased.
So that's it yo...my tribute polish to my dad, David Ray. Here's some useless info for your pockeeto, totally unrelated to polish...My dad named me Tami Rae- Tami from some old country song. Notice somebody spelled my name wrong in that old photo lol. He opted to drop the m and y and spell it with an i just to ensure I could never buy customized ANYTHING as a kid (ok, that's probably not why). Remember those bicycle license plates and beaded bracelets they had at Walmart when we were kids? Oh, and the customize pencils...That used to make me so sad. But on with my rambling- being the first born he wanted me named after him. Well obviously he couldn't name me David, so he chose Rae for my middle name. AGH, I can still hear him beller out "Tami Rae!" that's when I knew my ass was grass :) I can appreciate those kind of memories now that I'm grown. So lemme bounce back to polish land. What do ya think of Hazzee Dazzee? Think it's appropriate for a tribute polish? Any suggestions? I'm all about some feedback from fellow fiends! Till next time peeps...

No comments:

Post a Comment